Our client, a Real Estate Management firm of over 5,000 residential units in Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn is seeking an Assistant Director of Property Management.
The candidate will be on track to become the Director of Property Management within 3-5 years, depending on experience and expertise.
- Manage a select portfolio of buildings which responsibilities include:
- Day to day management of physical buildings including communicate with supers and contractors
- Determine day to day needs and initiate appropriate purchase orders
- Oversee renovation and re-renting of vacant units. Conduct building inspections and recommend repairs/upgrades
- Responsible for insuring that the buildings are run up to code in a compliant manner, including any and all permits, signage, registration, etc.
- Senior Management duties:
- Implement procedures as directed by Senior Management by working with all property managers
- Oversee third party vendors that currently track water and fuel use.
- Implement vendor’s directions on savings companywide
- Gather company wide information from all Property Managers as needed
- Issue monthly report on Fuel and water usage with the goal of taking these tasks in house (eliminate third party vendors)
- Oversee, track and report status of repairs for Bank and Insurance recommendations companywide
- Oversee capital projects in the $15k-25k range and report to Director
- Supervise “specialty projects” with a special emphasis on keeping the management group up to date with new technology. Current projects include: L.E.D. lighting and internet ready cameras
- Assist Director of Property Management:
- Quarterly review of all properties’ repair & maintenance expenses
- Assist in analyzing, bidding, and implementing all capital projects of $25k
- 10 years of property management experience
- 5+ years as a multi-state manager in New York
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least three years supervising staff
- Experience with HUD Section 8 and REAC Inspections preferred
- Self-Starter, motivated and have great communication skills
To be considered please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com