Our client is a well-established sports firm that is seeking a Senior Accountant to join their robust Accounting Department. This role will be located in Queens.
This role will be reporting into the Assistant Controller and they are seeking a strong candidate preferably with private and public accounting mix. They would also consider candidates with just public experience as well.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant include:
– Senior Accountant will be preparing and analyzing financial statements
– Senior Accountant will work on monthly/quarterly/yearly closings, recording of journal entries
– Will be responsible for preparing financial reporting for internal and external use
– The Senior Accountant will be working on the year end audits as the liaison for the external auditors and reviewing staff work papers
– Managing a junior staff accountant
Qualifications of the Senior Accountant for this role:
– Ideally 2+ years of private and public accounting background mix. Also would consider a solid 2 years at a Big 4
– CPA preferred or on CPA track (completed and passed the four exams)
– Experience working with accounting software such as Great Plains or other ERP Systems
– Excel – advanced proficiency
– Focused individual, leader and go getter
For more information on this role please submit your resume to Johanna Rodriguez – JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com