Staff Accountant for Hospitality / Restaurant Management Group in New York City
Our client, a top hospitality firm with restaurants in New York City, Brooklyn, Philadelphia and Washington DC, is seeking a Staff Accountant to join their growing firm.
About the Firm:
- Currently has over 6 successful high end restaurants in NYC, Philadelphia and Washington DC
- Adding one new restaurant every six months
- Family oriented atmosphere with a lot of room for growth!
Responsibilities of a Staff Accountant for this firm:
- Focusing on day to day accounting functions such as ensuring vendors are paid in a timely matter, preparation of financial reports, preparing journal and general ledger entries
- Compile sales information such as sales reports, P&L statements to help managers understand the performances of the restaurants
- Assist on preparation of month end and year-end financial statements.
- Research and interpreting financial data to ensure understanding and present to the Director of Finance
- Additional ad hoc responsibilities as it pertains to accounting and finance
Qualifications of a Staff Accountant should include:
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience, Hospitality/Restaurant experience is a plus but not a must.
- Strong Excel skills with some exposure to an ERP system
- Great personality, willingness to learn and detail oriented
Perks of working as a Staff Accountant for this firm:
- The best perk would be free food and discounted dining at their restaurants!
- Competitive salary, health benefits, PTO with bonus eligibility
- Will have great exposure to the Director of Finance who provides mentorship
To apply please submit your resume to:
Johanna Rodriguez, JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com