Our client, a well-known Nonprofit located in New York City seeks a Senior Accountant who will be focused on the Endowments and Investments of the firm. This role is reporting into the Controller and will have a path to becoming the Assistant Controller. The candidate will be responsible day-to-day accounting functions, ideally be technologically savvy be a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker. Ideally, they would like someone who will have and will have strong communication skills to interact with its auditors and support presentations to the Audit and Investment Committees.
Responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the endowments and investments as it pertains to ensuring the proper accounting of the firm’s Permanently and Temporarily Restricted net asset balances
- Work on Revenue Accounting, Accounts Receivable, Expense, Accounts Payable, Investments, Payroll, and General Accounting.
- Work closely with the Controller and CFO on the annual preparation off the audits and 990 form filings
- Help review all necessary work papers to accurately account for the firm’s investments; review internal allocation model used to account for the firm’s endowment.
- Undertake special projects as requested by the Controller
- 4-6 years of accounting experience, nonprofit is preferred
- Bachelor’s in Accounting, CPA a plus
- Public Accounting experience preferred
- Great Plains experience a plus but not a must
- Strong Excel skills including Vlookups and Pivot Tables
- Detail Oriented, smart and a great communicator
To apply please submit your resume to Jrodriguez@cfstaffing.com