Our client, a professional consulting services firm based in New York City is seeking a Senior Tax Manager with experience in Federal filings. The firm has been recognized by many organizations as one of the country’s best places to work.
- This role is requires the oversight of multiple client service teams and the proven ability to plan, direct, execute and complete tax projects and compliance efforts across a variety of industries.
- Will economically and efficiently manage projects including billing and accounts receivable responsibilities.
- Conduct review of federal and state income tax returns for corporate, S corp., partnership and individual clients.
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Provide innovative tax planning strategies and compliance expertise to clients; perform research and prepare/review technical tax memorandum.
- Understand and manage firm risk on tax services performed
- A senior manager is a critical member of the local tax office team, providing thought leadership to the partner group while actively developing and mentoring staff and managers.
- Manage, develop, and mentor staff/managers on projects and assess performance through formal periodic reviews and informal feedback.
- Work closely with partners, managers and staff to integrate efficient standard operating procedures and practice development skills using a team approach to client service.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- At least 10+ years experience in public accounting; strong preference for Big 4 or large regional firm experience.
- Advanced technical and tax accounting skills in the areas of: corporate, partnership, and individual taxation with a consulting mindset
- Proven leadership skills in managing client service teams and multiple projects in a fast-paced and interactive team environment to meet and exceed client expectations.
- Ability to mentor and develop tax staff and managers
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a proven ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships
- Ability to identify value-added opportunities and work in a team environment to develop business
- Personal drive to develop self/others and provide leadership insight to the local tax team
- CPA required
- MST is a plus
For more information please submit your resume to Jrodriguez@cfstaffing.com