Our client, a global financials services firm, seeks an Accountant / Finance professional in Downtown, New York City. The candidate would have heavy experience with travel and expenses using Concur. The firm has many international offices and are implementing a new travel platform, through a web-based system that will incorporate travel booking, expense reimbursement, and reporting.
The Travel Expense Accountant, will support the finance function and be responsible for various tasks in support of the Travel expense processes.
The candidate will be the key contact to users to support them in any requests, for instance:
- Support users to book their travels in the reserving tool
- Contact users when appropriate approval is missing or when support is not provided for reimbursement
- Help users in case of reimbursement issues
- Coordinate with the accounting team to ensure diligent processing of expense reports
The candidate will be the key contacts to travels suppliers, he/she could be asked to coordinate with local hotels to set up contracts for all of the firm or contact Concur / Amex for any issues related to booking/accounting.
He/she will provide narrative and commentaries on over/under budget variances. He/she will maintain and review KPI, and provide analytical analysis on a variety of metrics.
The candidate will ensure internal controls, review the non-compliant bookings, ensure the respect of the Travels policy and maintain it as well as the HUB delegation of authorities.
- 2-5 years of finance / accounting experience
- Bachelor Degree, College certificate in Accounting / Finance, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of travel booking systems (Concur, travel agencies.)
- Experience with a major accounting ledger system (SAP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication, and ability to develop collaborative relationship
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com