Our client, a nonprofit that is privately funded at $11 million a year, is seeking a Assistant Director of Finance/Assistant Controller.
The Assistant Director of Finance is responsible for assisting the Director of Finance in the hands-on management of the accounting, budget, payroll, and accounts payable functions, as well as planning and forecasting.
- Assist the Director of Finance in all aspects of the finance and accounting function within the organization including:
– Preparing and analyzing of financial statements, budgets and internal audit projects for senior management, Board members and external auditors
-Executing financial transactions and ensuring that they are properly summarized, approved, coded and recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
-Managing accounts payable, maintenance of general ledger, tracking of cash receipts and receivables, preparation of payroll
-Implementation and maintenance of internal control systems, including fiscal policies and procedures, to comply with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory requirements.
-Accurate analysis and reporting of financial data including monthly reports for use in expense control, forecasting, reporting, and preparing quarterly projections.
– Managing the annual audit process, liaising with external auditors and internal teams.
-Monitoring and tracking the organization’s investment and retirement portfolios.
-Ensuring appropriate management of all revenue received, liaising closely with the Development Department.
-Ensure maintenance of accurate financial records, including all financial/accounting systems.
-Developing effective relationships with Executive Staff and respective departments to ensure timely management of all business and program activities.
– Mentoring Finance Assistant
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- 3 – 5 years of experience in supporting the finance and accounting function at a nonprofit is required
- Excellent MS Office skills (especially Excel and PowerPoint). Strong working knowledge of Blackbaud’s Financial Edge Accounting software is a plus.
- Detail oriented, focused, takes initiative and a team player
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com