Our client, is a client servicing firm located in Far Rockaway, New York and they seek an experienced Staff Accountant / Bookkeeper with background, accounting knowledge, and proven analytical skills and Communication Abilities.
The individual will be hands on working on the General Ledger and Bookkeeping for Multiple Companies; ideally a self-driven and motivated individual with excellent planning and organizational skills, displays attention to detail, proficiency with systems and technology. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, performing multiple tasks / projects with defined deadlines.
- Summarizes details in separate ledgers or computer files and transfer data to general ledger
- Multiple Bank Reconciliations for Multiple accounts and banks (Daily against Ledger and accounting system)
- Make Phone Calls, send e-mails
- Complete records through trial balance
- Intercompany Transactions
- Assists with budget preparations and audits
- Maintains subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balances subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary account summaries.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Provide reporting to outside accountants and agencies for items like Sales and Use taxes, Port Fee reporting, etc.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Strong Excel skills, reporting, analysis and ad hoc reporting.
- Assist with budget preparation
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s (preferred) Degree in Accounting or Bookkeeping Experience
- Stable professional background with 3+ years of experience analysis of General Ledger accounts, aging reports, and month-end close processes.
- Knowledge and understanding of Accounting processes and procedures,
- Preferred industry experience in distribution, warehousing, logistics, inventory management, transportation, trucking, and shipping.
- Documentary requirements, documentation review, data analysis, problem-solving, research and resolution.
- MAS / SAGE 100 software experience a plus, strong Excel skills
- Personable but focused and detail oriented individual
If you are interested please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com