Our client is a highly regarded nonprofit and they are seeking a Senior Accountant to join their team and help maintain the integrity of the accounting department functions. This role will be supporting the Controller and is based out of Midtown, New York.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with the firm’s established schedule and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) principles.
- Prepare account reconciliations to ensure accurate financial reporting and general ledger maintenance.
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to the Controller’s attention.
- Review monthly financial results, analyze variances to budget and prior year, and investigate causes of key variances.
- Review payroll as prepared biweekly by the firm’s Payroll Accounting Associate.
- Review accuracy of journal entries prepared by other members of the Accounting team and post journal entries to the firm’s general ledger.
- Assist preparing year-end analysis schedules required by Auditors, including templates required for the Not-for-Profit tax return (Form 990).
- Follow-up on correspondence with the IRS and State authorities regarding annual tax filings.
- Prepare ad-hoc spreadsheets and reports as required.
- Prepare detail and summary analyses of budgets.
- Assist on treasury functions: supervise preparation of daily wire transfers, weekly and monthly A/P checks, and maintain the daily cash activity log of all bank accounts.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- 4+ years in a accounting position with nonprofit experience
- MIP software experience a plus
- Excel experience using Pivot Tables and VLookups
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com