Our client is a top-tier business consulting firm for various financial services companies located in New York City. They are seeking a controller to be accountable for the accounting operations of this global organization.
This position is directly responsible for the monthly financial closing process, production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
The position also assists with payroll, cash management and risk management.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
- Oversee and maintain the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures.
- Oversee a staff of three employees
- Mentor and develop accounting staff
- Ensure that accounts payable are entered, accrued and paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are properly recorded and collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a mid-sized company or division of a large corporation.
- CPA is a plus
- Great Plains software experience and knowledge of payroll systems specifically UltiPro.
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com