Our client is a $5+ Billion dollar firm focusing on investigations and consultation, who is seeking a Senior Payroll Manager to join their firm. They are looking for an individual with experience in international payroll processing and taxes particularly in all the Canadian provinces. This role will have two direct reports and play a key role in the payroll department.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Canadian payroll and tax function, while providing oversight of major projects that include organizing and documenting tasks as well as assuring Payroll and Tax responsibilities are completed
- Duties will relate to all areas of payroll and tax, weekend check production, vacation processing, garnishments, and off-cycle checks, union administration etc.
- Assist with Functional aspects of payroll and tax which may include, PeopleSoft table updates, Calendar set up or Earnings Codes and Deduction Codes, tax tables, etc.
- Coordinates the testing and completion of PeopleSoft Tax Upgrades.
- Review, create and maintain payroll and tax processes for improvements and increased efficiency.
- Research and resolution of Accounting and GL questions and issues
- Act as contact person with outside 3rd party payroll tax reporting vendor to address ongoing compliance and planning issues, current 3rd party vendor is ADP Canada.
- Review calculations of periodic/payroll tax estimates and payments for all applicable Federal and Provincial taxing jurisdictions. Ensures that all federal and provincial taxes, and other deductions are properly remitted to 3rd party payroll tax vendor ADP or province
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting or equivalent.
- 4 Years Senior level Canadian Payroll and Tax experience required
- Payroll experience in All Provinces, including Quebec.
- Experience with payrolls of over 5000 employees a plus
- PeopleSoft HRMS Payroll knowledge a plus
- Experience with 3rd party tax vendors a plus
- Strong Union background a plus
- Bilingual in French a plus
- Results oriented individual with strong customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com