Our client is one of the largest nonprofits across the United States and they are seeking a Payroll Supervisor to join their team. This position will be located in their Brooklyn location, very easily accessible by many different train and bus lines.
The Payroll Supervisor will work in cooperation with fellow staff members in the Payroll division. Responsibilities include the preparation of the bi-weekly in-house payroll, quarterly and annual payroll tax reconciliation, and investigate and resolve complex or unusual payroll tax issues. This individual will also be involved in enforcing compliance with relevant financial controls and procedures within the accounting and payroll functions, and compliance with federal and state laws.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for processing the bi-weekly in-house payroll for approximately 1,400 employees.
- Monitors the payroll time table for quarterly and special payroll adjustments.
- Prepares quarterly and annual payroll tax reconciliation, including W-2 processing and solving complex or unusual problems
- Prepare and transmit payroll related reports such as NYSER pension report etc.
- Reconcile payroll related account balances including IRS Form 941.
- Maintain employee garnishment records and liaising with the authorities.
- Complete all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s payroll processing objectives, including relationships with state and federal agencies.
- Respond to verbal and written payroll related inquiries
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or institution in Accounting or Finance.
- A minimum of five years of payroll processing experience.
- Must demonstrate the ability to establish work priorities and apply financial accounting principles and methods to daily tasks.
- Proven ability to manage time and resources to meet seasonal patterns of peak demands and competing deadlines.
- Ability to use automated spreadsheets and other tools for financial analysis and reporting, and prepare and report on not-for-profit financial statements.
- Knowledge of Lawson accounting software (or equivalent systems) and spreadsheet software applications desirable.
- Ability to work effectively with an integrated management team, building skills, and developing staff.
- Team player comfortable with cross functional collaboration.
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com