Currently we are working with a $1.5B+ Manufacturing firm and they are seeing a Group Controller for one of their product lines. This role is located in Providence, Rhode Island and the company in addition to having a great compensation package will also be covering full relocation expenses.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Internal Controls & Financial Records
- Ensures maintenance of accurate and complete financial records, in compliance with both legal requirements, local accounting and US GAAP standards.
- Leads the effort of establishing, monitoring, and enforcing an effective internal controls environment. Develops and takes necessary actions to support the firm’s SOX compliance effort. Liaises with internal and external auditors.
- Develops and improves accounting and control policies, procedures, work processes and reporting systems to support growth and efficiency, while reducing complexity and increasing speed.
- Provides an objective viewpoint and holistic perspective to the decision making process.
- Identify best practices and continuous improvement opportunities and facilitates embeddment of the practices into the organization.
- Utilizes appropriate financial analysis techniques, data and prudent assumptions to evaluate investment opportunities and ensures healthy return on investments while managing risks.
- Instill a sense of professionalism and excellence within the finance team. Provides an environment where Accounting and Controlling people are valued and motivated to deliver high levels of productivity and realize high levels of job satisfaction.
- Develops people to reach their full potential through individual coaching, training, and career development, preparing them to assume increased responsibility. Makes effective use of the firm’s human resource management tools for performance, career, and compensation management.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Business Admin, Accounting or other Bachelor’s degree in combination with MBA and/or relevant experience).
- Masters in Business Administration and/or CA/CPA and/or CMA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant experience in finance and accounting, including exposure to international business dynamics and manufacturing operations.
- Prior supervisory experience required; 3+ years preferred.
- SAP experience a plus.
For more information on this opportunity please email me at JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com