Our client is a nonprofit that specializes on helping discriminated individuals and they seek an Accounts Payable specialist to join their team. This position is located in Downtown Manhattan.
- Ensure all check requests, vendor invoices, petty cash requests, and expense reports are properly entered, reviewed, and approved
- Responsible for full cycle AP, including: manual invoice entry, data processing, approval routing, and payments.
- Audit and process credit card accounts
- Receives, researches and resolves a variety of routine internal and external inquiries concerning account status, including communicating the resolution of discrepancies to appropriate persons.
- Performs other duties as required to support Accounting Department.
- Strong communication skills with the ability/desire to communicate with vendors and coworkers
- Consistently meet deadlines and identify/escalate any issues to Accounting Manager.
- Ensure all vendor and staff interactions are handled professionally, timely, and in line with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to work both collaboratively with other team members as well as independently.
- Proficiency in Excel would be highly preferred.
- Being proactive and identifying areas in need of improvement and taking action to implement process improvements to increase overall department capacity.
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com