Our client is a midsize construction organization; they are looking to hire an Accounts Payable/Accountant. They are located in Brooklyn, New York.
With a growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform.
- Match checks with invoices, mail checks and file backup copies.
- Accounts Payable Clerk will pay all produce bills/non produce bills.
- Call and/or email vendors for invoices when needed.
- Pay bills in a timely manner, to ensure excellent blue book rating.
- Research short pays/balances to ensure full payments are made.
- Research any differences with invoice and resolve with vendors.
- Pay international vendors and do wire transfers.
- Accounts Payable Clerk will apply credit ONLY if invoice is over paid.
- Deduct payment, if product is returned and unaccepted.
- Work very closely with the purchasing department.
- Work closely with general accounting to make sure invoices are paid on time.
- AP Clerk will update and maintain monthly corporate account reports.
- Proper G/L coding for all non-produce.
- Answer telephone and return voice messages.
- Be responsive to vendors when audits are done.
- Upload invoice files to company bank for fraud cross-check.
- 3+ years of relevant accounting (accounts payable) experience
- Associates degree or Bachelors is a plus
- Sage 100 is a plus
To be considered please email your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com