Our client, a top-tier public manufacturer, seeks an Accounting Manager for their accounting department located in Lansing, Michigan. The Accounting Manager will handle SEC, 10-K, 10-Q reporting, monthly reporting and manage a Senior Accountant. Along with a CPA and SEC reporting experience, they are seeking someone with public and private background mix with at least 8+ years of experience. The firm will provide relocation assistance.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assists in the review and reporting of business unit and consolidated financial results, including the preparation and/or review of financial report analyses (MD&A) along with financial presentations for senior management and Board of Directors presentations.
- Assists in the review and preparation of the firm’s external reporting (10-K/10-Q)
- Reviews and analyzes the organization’s accounting operation; establishes, develops, and/or recommends accounting policies to management.
- Prepares and analyzes financial and operational reports; prepares reports required by regulatory agencies, banks, investors, and other external parties.
- Manages monthly accounting close cycle; reviews journal entries and monthly general ledger account reconciliations.
- Reviews and analyzes complex financial information and transactions.
- Participates in implementation and testing of financial systems.
- Analyzes, reviews, and manages overall general ledger, accounts payable, and accounts receivable systems.
- Develops, implements, and monitors systems for general accounting.
- Reviews, updates and ensures adherence to accounting and Sarbanes-Oxley controls for the firm.
- Manages accounting and tax return for the firm
- Coordinates year-end audits for business unit.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops general accounting, accounts payable and accounts receivable staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies, accounting controls and government regulations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com