Our client is seeking a Staff Accountant with payroll experience who will take the lead to ensure the accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll.
The job purpose is to perform both the payroll processing and recording the corresponding financial information in the general ledger.
Responsibilities will include:
· Processing semi-monthly payroll for executive and administrative staff.
· Setting up new employees in the payroll system.
· Updating employee information in the system as it changes and ensuring it agrees to information in HR files.
· Prepare journal entries to record payroll and payroll related costs in the general ledger
· Process monthly parsonage payments.
· Provides training on Paychex processes as needed by new hires and/or managers.
· Works in conjunction with the Human Resource department on payroll/HR related issues.
· Assist with monthly payroll reporting and variance analysis of payroll related expenditures
· Assist with payroll budgeting and projections.
· Assist management in creating an accurate allocation for employees that work in multiple departments and ensure allocations are updated timely and accurate.
· Audit, record, and pay on a monthly basis, Bank of America credit card statements for 65-70 employee cardholders. Communicate with cardholders and bank as necessary to resolve issues.
· Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations and general ledger account analyses.
· Assist in the completion of the annual audit.
· 3+ years of accounting experience
· Working knowledge of Paychex is required
· Minimum payroll experience of 3 years is required.
· Working knowledge of payroll best practices.
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com