Our client, a prestigious international law firm in the Midtown, NYC area, seeks a Controller to join their team. This role will be keenly overseeing the overall accounting process and will provide strategic financial input to senior management
Responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the US financial statements which includes reviewing and approving monthly accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, and commentaries.
- Responsible for managing the US office’s global and regional recharges.
- Prepare high level plans, budgets and rolling re forecasts with continual monitoring and review of performance to enable robust reporting of variances and early reporting of potential issues.
- Direct budget holders to ensure expenditures are properly recorded on an accruals basis.
- Assist CFO with practice group performance reporting and drafting monthly commentaries.
- Performance based review of expense reports and vendor invoices to ensure reports/invoices are sufficiently authorized and appropriately documented before approving for payment.
- Ensure physical assets are in line with book by reviewing quarterly with budget holders and ensuring documentation is procured for write-offs.
- Coordinate and supervise all internal and external audits including financial tax and 401k.
- Responsible for reviewing changes in tax legislation and other relevant tax developments and ensuring appropriate structural or compliance related actions taken in conjunction with the international tax team and local tax advisers.
- Manage relationship with external advisers and international tax team to ensure all statutory compliance obligations are met on a timely basis
- Primary responsibility for client/trust accounting. Ensure client account balances are reconciled on a daily basis and all local laws and Solicitors Accounts Rules are closely followed.
- Advise partners on necessary steps for escrow transactions and provide guidance to revenue controllers in booking daily entries.
- Responsible for coaching, training and motivating team to perform at highest capacity.
- 10+ years with a law firm/professional services firm
- CPA required
- Audit and Tax experience preferred
- Strong Financial Accounting background
To discuss and apply confidential please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com