Our client is a leading food industry organization; they are looking to hire an Accounts Payable Clerk. With a large and growing accounting and finance team, there is significant opportunity for growth and advancement within the department. The company boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform. Aside from salary compensation, they offer one of the best insurance packages, gym in the office, and variety of additional perks!
- Match checks with invoices, mail checks and file backup copies.
- Accounts Payable Clerk will pay all produce bills/non produce bills.
- Call and/or email vendors for invoices when needed.
- Pay bills in a timely manner, to ensure excellent blue book rating.
- Research short pays/balances to ensure full payments are made.
- Research any differences with invoice and resolve with vendors.
- Pay international vendors and do wire transfers.
- Accounts Payable Clerk will apply credit ONLY if invoice is over paid.
- Deduct payment, if product is returned and unaccepted.
- Work very closely with the purchasing department.
- Work closely with general accounting to make sure invoices are paid on time.
- AP Clerk will update and maintain monthly corporate account reports.
- Proper G/L coding for all non-produce.
- Answer telephone and return voice messages.
- Be responsive to vendors when audits are done.
- Upload invoice files to company bank for fraud cross-check.
- 1+ years of relevant accounting (accounts payable) experience
- High School/GED equivalent degree
- Hard worker and go getter