Top-tier Financial Institution that focuses on electronic trading is seeking an Accounting Manager to join their firm.
The primary responsibilities of the Accounting Manager will be taking ownership of financial reporting function. This includes implementing and standardizing processes around accounting period close for the company and consolidating its business development, management reporting and 10+ subsidiaries’ results. Working within a small finance team, there are plentiful opportunities to cross-pollinate across all departments of the company (trading, operations, network engineering, legal & compliance, internal audit, human resources) and understand the fundamentals of the business.
The successful candidate will be an analytical thinker with superior organizational skills and a hands-on approach who’s able to maintain a sustainable balance between a big picture mindset and direct involvement in the details.
The main responsibilities include:
- Prepare and review financial statements, disclosures and related support for the company’s external reporting obligations including Forms 10-Q, 10-K, 8-K, X-17a-5
- Assist in the preparation and review of reports and presentations oriented towards external disclosures (i.e. earnings release tables, presentations and investor communications)
- Play a critical role for month-end closing procedures, including preparation and review of reconciliations, journal entries and trial balances
- Assist in design and implementation of the company’s Sarbanes-Oxley compliance process
- Consolidate financial results of the legal entities of the companies
- Liaise with internal and external auditors
- Monitor SEC Reporting, GAAP, and Financial Accounting Standards updates and rulings, and provide accounting guidance and interpretations to internal personnel
- Evaluate current procedures, design and implement changes in order to streamline operations, while ensuring sufficient checks and balances
- Work on ad-hoc projects
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant
- 4 – 10 years of experience within the financial services sector
- Prior experience at public accounting firms preferred
- Extensive experience in preparation and/or review of audited financial statements, in particular SEC reporting for public companies and broker-dealers
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. GAAP, IFRS, Sarbanes-Oxley and taxes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Expert-level proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
- Strong SAT and/or GMAT scores
For more details and to be considered for this role please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com