Our client is a non profit located in New York City focusing on providing services to low income individuals. They seek a Grant Accountant to join their team. The successful candidate will have strong accounting skills, interpersonal skills that allow them to navigate complex funder relationships, and be comfortable working with several high level staff to help them understand and manage their budgets.
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts and related accounting records for accuracy
- Prepare journal entries, analyses and monthly reports
- Grant accounting for Federal, Foundation and Private grants. Including reconciling the grants spending to the budgets, preparing allocations, billings, as well as processing releases and draw downs
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of accounting records; monitor internal controls; and ensure compliance with all relevant company policies.
- Maintain fixed asset records
- Prepare state and local tax returns on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Analyze cost data and determine the true cost of manufacturing processes and research projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 4-5 years of General Accounting in government/grant accounting;
- Must have a strong understanding of GAAP.
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com