This position offers an aggressive salary, a relocation package and an opportunity to work for a top-tier firm in the Baltimore, Maryland area.
The Accounts Receivable Director is responsible for the aggressive and tenacious pursuit of complete, accurate and timely payment of healthcare collections. It is critical that this individual develop and maintain good relationships with employees, practice managers and insurance company provider relation representatives.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the A/R departmental policies and strategic plans.
- Provide leadership and direction to the A/R Manager(s), Team Leads and A/R Representatives to facilitate collection.
- Proactively monitor A/R and develop plans/solutions to reduce late balances.
- Assess, monitor and analyze department results.
- Utilization of practice intelligence software and denial management software to identify non-payment trends, report on A/R risk, lower denials and decrease write-offs.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships and lead cross-functional teams within the Revenue Cycle as well as work with all departments to build and drive organizational strategies
- Review current processes and workflows and makes recommendations as to needed changes for more efficient and productive results as well as assuring proper division of duties for internal control purposes.
- Assist the Revenue Cycle Director with the development of policies and procedures related to insurance reimbursement and payer compliance. .
- Perform other office duties as assigned by Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or Healthcare Management. CPA or Master’s degree is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in hospital or large practice AR management.
- Experience in project management with third-party payers including contractual payment terms, appeals process and denials.
- Professional Coding Certification desired.
- Familiarity with surgical specialties including ASC billing.
- Strong knowledge of Healthcare Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Proficiency in Medical Practice Management Software (IDX, Misys, Allscripts as examples), Excel (Advanced) and other Microsoft applications.
- Superior leadership, problem solving, team building, and decision making skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com