Our client is one of the largest non profit firms in New York City. They are currently seeking a Staff Accountant with experience with schools or a non profit. This position will be located in the Bronx with some light travel within the Bronx area.
- Make on-site weekly visits to each assigned
- Collect and review vendor invoices and in school deposits with principal.
- Coordinate with principal on funding needs for upcoming events.
- Review financial statements with principal, answering questions and resolving issues.
- Process vendor invoices and consolidated bills using ConnectNow Accounting; maintain accounts payable
- Consolidate all accounts payable for business manager
- Monitor financial records for the firm
- Coordinate with the treasury operation unit to review and identify exceptions in
- Monitor account details for tuition, fees and collection; follow up with schools, as appropriate.
- Record banking deposits of funds received at the school level that are not electronically interfaced with the Treasury
- Input payroll data for assigned schools.
- Manage and maintain all phases of the payroll process.
- In conjunction with the Human Resource Coordinators provide communication of personnel policies, employee benefits and program enrollment.
- Perform other related bookkeeping duties, as needed
- 3+ years experience, accounting degree
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Be able to work in a team environment to assist in carrying out the overall function of the regional
- Be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented and highly organized
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with ConnectNow Accounting, Microsoft Sharepoint, Smart Tuition and Paychex a plus
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com