Our client is a School that functions as a non profit organization. They are dedicated to helping bright young minds but who have learning disabilities. They are seeking an Accounts Payable Associate to join their organization. They just had a promotion from within and it is the reason this role is open. There is tremendous growth with this role. If you are looking to expand your career and also be part of a company with a great mission statement, then this role is for you.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator will support the day-to-day processing of transactions by completing the accounts payable and purchasing cycle.
- Maintain knowledge of the School’s policies as they relate to the Business Office and enforce compliance.
- Verify vendor accounts and maintain updated W-9 forms and tax exemption forms on file.
- Reconcile accounts payable entries by comparing system reports to balances and vendor statements.
- Allocate expenses to accounts and departments by analyzing invoices and expense reports.
- Assist with internal and external inquiries in relation to purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies.
- Receive and verify American Express expenses, reimbursement requests, and petty cash requests for proper authorization.
- Assist with the Accounts Payable month-end process.
- Prepare schedules for quarterly review and year-end audit.
- Ensure that accounts payable files and vendor records are organized and kept up-to-date.
- Maintain and foster positive vendor relationships on behalf of the School.
- May assist in analysis and interpretation of accounting records for use by management
- 2+ years experience
- Financial Edge/Education Edge is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal are essential.
- Strong attention to detail, vendor relationships and data entry skills.
- Must be extremely well organized and able to manage time effectively.
- Working and technical knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
- Positive attitude!
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com