Our client, a well regarded financial services firm in Nassau County Long Island, New York is seeking a Staff Accountant with SEC and Financial Reporting experience.
- Prepare financial statements, schedules, footnotes, and other data for submission to management, the Board of Directors, the SEC and bank and other regulatory agencies.
- Prepare detailed supporting documentation for these submissions.
- Perform various tasks related to the month-end close of the general ledger, including analyzing and researching monthly variances in income and expense accounts, and reconciling general ledger accounts to verify account balance accuracy.
- Document variance explanations for management. Maintain accounting records for various subsidiaries and general ledger accounts through reconciliation, analysis, and preparation of monthly accruals and journal entries.
- Adhere to and perform testing of compliance with internal controls and procedures.
- Document conclusions for management and internal and external auditors.
- Review EDGAR and XBRL processed files of Form 10-K and 10-Q prior to filing with the SEC.
- 2 – 3 years financial/regulatory reporting/ SEC accounting experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Strong communication skills required
- Strong PC (Excel) skills required
For more information please email your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com