Our client is a prominent law firm based in Midtown, New York City. They are currently seeking a Billing Specialist to join their growing team.
- Prepare monthly pre-bills for distribution to attorneys, including for more complex/difficult client bills.
- Communicate with attorneys, secretaries and client contacts to address any billing questions or report requests.
- Edit, prepare and finalize monthly pre-bills.
- Work with Collections staff to collect aged accounts receivables.
- Monitor the e-billing process for those clients that are electronically billed to ensure that invoices are successfully submitted. Willing to train on e-billing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with partners, senior management and clients, and organizational skills
- Ensure the Firm collects A/R in full and obtain the necessary authorization and write-off fees or disbursements
- Communicate with clients’ financial staff so that the Firm’s bills are processed expeditiously; resolve all client issues such as e-billing, cost backup, or other matters
- Respond to client inquiries/questions in a timely manner and escalate issues as needed to Supervisor, Manager, Director or other Firm management as needed
- Collaborate with the billing/collection team and other Finance personnel and work closely with partners and their secretaries to achieve the Firm’s goals
- Represent Finance Department Firm wide and answer questions from clients, billing attorneys, management, timekeepers, and staff regarding all aspects of the billing and collection process for assigned partners
- Assure conformity with the Firm’s accounting, billing and collection policies and controls and ensure integrity of the Firm’s financial and operating information
- Prepare various reports and analyses
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a law Firm billing department
- Knowledge of Elite software;
- Familiarity with Word and Excel is essential
For more information please feel free to reach out to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com