Our client is a prominent residential property firm with properties in the midwest. They are currently seeking a Property Accountant to join their accounting team in County, Bergen New Jersey. This individual will be assigned multiple properties and is responsible for the monthly entries, variance analysis, CAM recs, and more.
- Responsible for maintenance and reconciliation of all general ledger activity for properties in the assigned portfolio. Demonstrate strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Prepare monthly accrual based work paper packages, including variance explanations.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for outside organizations such as lenders, banks and investors.
- Assist in cash management, analysis of cash requirements, monitoring of daily cash positions.
- Work on multiple monthly bank reconciliations.
- Review accounts payable and accounts receivable reports. Post accounts payable.
- Prepare and maintain year-end work papers for annual audits.
- Support on site personnel in various aspects of financial analysis. Assist in training of new and existing junior staff and interns.
- Analyze activity in capital expenditure accounts. Record assets and depreciation in fixed asset database.
- Complete ad hoc financial projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2 years accounting experience (property accounting experience preferred).
- Proficiency in Excel required, Accounting software experience a plus
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize multiple high priority projects.
- Strong work ethic focused on meeting deadlines.
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com