Our client, a trendy family owned hotel located in Bushwick New York, is seeking a staff accountant to join their team. This will be reporting directly into the owner and working alongside the outsourced CPA. The individual would be handling finances for the hotel as well as the other commercial real estate properties owned by the family.
This company has a casual environment and rewards focus driven and diligent workers. There is a projected upward career path for the person taking on this role.
– Maintaining all accounting records and administrative tasks
– Reviewing, sorting and distributing all incoming mail including checks and invoices
– Calculating and scanning final check amounts into Excel and Quickbooks
– Solving any check scanning discrepancies with the appropriate bank and/ or account received
– Maintaining funds, and reconciling petty cash box on a daily basis
– Reviewing and preparing AP checks on a weekly basis
– Evaluating and maintaining non-accounts receivable billing, receipts and spreadsheet schedules
– Reviewing and counting Accounts Receivable COD cash, preparing for daily collection from bank
– Bachelor’s degree or Associates in Accounting
– 2+ years of relevant experience
– Proficiency in Excel; Quickbooks a plus
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com