Currently I am working with a client, a residential real estate firm in the heart of NYC, on finding them a smart Staff Accountant to join their accounting group. This individual will be working under the Controller and will have interactions with the CEO, Office Manager, Property Managers and other Staff.
- On weekly basis Ensure to process, review, vendors invoices for various buildings.
Enter manually invoices in the Yardi system for processing. Manually selects GL expense codes
- Prior to cutting checks, ensuring to select proper bank accounts by property/bldg.
- Update check numbers, ensure to have available funds in checking registers.
- Prepare invoice payment for mailing, ensure proper signature, make copies of all check payments. Maintain filing system. Ensure proper record of vendor payments (copying, scanning and filing)
- Reviews/updates tenant leases, set up new tenants, create/maintain tenant charges in the (Yardi) system for proper monthly AR, and monthly tenant’s billings
- Prepares /reviews tenants monthly statements approx. 500-600 tenants for various buildings, reviews tenants names current charges for accuracy of billings
- Ensures and Maintains daily cash receipts via scanner or manually input
- Process of scanning and inputting tenant receipts includes to manually scan checks in system, ensuring the correct building/name of tenant/amount is selected in system before posting
- Maintains cash receipt records by building for proper record keeping
- Ensure to update tenants move outs, security deposits
- Work along with Controller, Senior Accountant, property manager, office manager, answer questions relating to tenant charges, lease expiration dates, lease renewals, setting up new tenants in Yardi.
Accounting/ Monthly Reporting –
Hands on – prepare manually adjusting entries, bank reconciliation and prepare monthly Financial Reports
- Assisting on hoc on projects as assign by controller
- Assist with year- end audit and 1099 preparation
- Must have at least 2-3 years of experience hands on mainly AP and AR, tenant lease charges and billing
- BS in Accounting
- Office, Microsoft Excel, Word Accounting software familiarity, preferable Yardi Voyager
- Must have a can do attitude, helpful and resourceful. The candidate must be able to work independently and work well in a small team environment.
- Be able to resolve vendor inquiries and tenant payment related questions, discrepancies.
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com