Our client is currently looking for a Controller to join their growing accounting team. This person will be reporting into the the COO and will have a direct report to start. If you are interested in a well funded start up in the energy space who would like to roll up their sleeves and be an integral part of the organization than this role is for you.
• Responsible for monthly financial close process including preparation of all financial statements.
• Prepare, post, and document standard monthly and miscellaneous journal entries to the general ledger including payroll entries.
• Prepare and submit monthly key performance metrics to partners
• Prepare all year-end paperwork for budget, annual review, and agreed upon procedures. Support as needed.
• Prepare necessary paperwork with relation to the annual audit.
• Prepare monthly internal reporting package.
• Prepare and report monthly internal / external commissions.
• Reconcile all ledger accounts on a monthly basis including but not limited to cash, payables, receivables, inter-company and all payroll ledgers.
• Prepare all necessary cash flow reports and analyses.
• Coordinate and assist with annual payroll and workers compensation audits.
• Assist as needed with preparation of all corporate federal and state tax returns.
• Prepare monthly cost and profitability reports.
• Prepare necessary accounting invoices and credit memos for intercompany transactions. Reconcile all monthly intercompany transactions as needed.
• Initiate all bank transfers including ACH, EFT and wire requests for vendor payments.
• Perform other accounting related tasks.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• BS or Master degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA is a must
• Mix of Public/Private accounting ideal but they are open
• Quickbooks experience is a plus.
• Ability to manipulate and analyze large amounts of data
• Proven knowledge of accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to direct and supervise.
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com