Our client, a nonprofit social services agency, is looking for a Senior Accountant to join their group. This position will be located in Downtown Manhattan and they seeks someone with experience in CFR (Consolidated Financial Reporting). The firm specializes in care and support housing for disabled individuals.
Under the general supervision of the Controller, this position is responsible for the overall maintenance of the Financial Reporting Department, Accounts Payable and Treasury Department. The Assistant Controller is also responsible for ensuring that the preparation of financial audit items and informational returns required by the agency are prepared/performed accurately, completed and filed within required deadlines.
- Will be required to prepare and maintain all schedules required to prepare and file the annual CFR Report for all companies within the group.
- Will be responsible to ensure that reporting is kept up to date with any changes to the reporting requirements by consistent review and complete knowledge of CFR manual on an ongoing basis.
- Approve general journals prepared by GL an Treasury Staff
- Analysis and preparation of account analysis for all expense accounts in the general ledger, including personal services and OTPS Accounts
- Preparation of payroll journal entries to the general ledger
- Maintain all fixed asset accounts with the ability to analyze, review, calculate depreciation and record entries to the general ledger
- Completing 941 reconciliations on a quarterly basis for the firm and review all subsidiaries 941 reconciliations
- Analysis of balance sheet accounts including prepaid assets, accrued expenses and liability accounts.
- Interact with program staff, landlords and vendors regarding any payment issues when necessary
- Assist with the month end financial statement closing
- Interacts with both internal and external auditors by providing the required documentation and ensuring that the proper documentation is maintained for historical purposes.
- Preparation of audited financial statements for the firm’s subsidiaries in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist the Controller and Assistant Controller with all special projects or tasks assigned
- Must possess Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- A minimum of five years of experience in non-profit accounting and CFR reporting is required
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com