Our client, is a popular and growing magazine and online publisher in New York City and they are seeking a junior staff accountant to join their team. The company is looking for someone who has at least 1-2 years experience in accounting but also with a passion for the arts such as music, fashion, design, art, photography and even if you are a sneaker fan!
This role in addition to having accounting functions would also help with the company in other areas such as marketing, events, etc. This is a great opportunity for someone who is great with numbers but also likes to be creative.
Responsibilities will include:
- Track and manage all payments owed to freelancers and vendors for the magazines in accordance to the company’s’ priorities as determined by the Controller/CFO
- Monitor company cash flows, and actively pursue outstanding receivables
- Management of supplies/inventory expenses via cost comparisons and vendor sourcing
- Monitor all accounts payable, and ensure timely satisfaction of financial obligations
- Manage circulation deals and shipping budgets
- Assist with treasury functions, including all business banking functions, domestic and international wires, and ACH payment
- Support monthly and quarterly financial process, e.g. reconciliations, closings, forecast adjustments, variance analyses, etc.
- All HR and benefit initiatives, including but not limited to: policy development, materials development, new hire onboarding, and benefits review and evaluation
- Complete assignments from the Controller and CFO, as well as other members of senior-level management for the magazines on an ad-hoc basis
- Bachelor’s degree with two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Quickbooks
- Attention to Detail
To be considered please email me at JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com