Our client, a top-tier, name brand, international distribution/manufacturing firm located in Jersey City, is seeking a Senior Accountant for their team. The company continues to grow and with that their accounting department.
Responsible for general accounting including Marketing, Trade and Public Relations expense accounts, reconciliation to annual budget, assist with the month end close process support to marketing and sales with managing budgets, 401K administration and accounting; and specific AP projects as assigned.
- Assist with the month end close responsibilities including, Journal entries, balance sheet and P&L reconciliations as well as variance analysis.
- Accounting for: all tax, budgeted, retirement accounts, shareholders’ composite withholdings and receivables, audit and tax fees and income tax reconciliation.
- Finance support for the Marketing, PR, and Trade relations accounting and reporting including monitoring of annual budget, ensuring commitments are updated and aligned with invoiced amount by month-end.
- Partner –follow up- with the above areas’ management to obtain adequate data for budget management.
- Assist with the annual audit and work with HR to compile any requested support. Assist with filing Annual 5500 Report on Benefits Plans.
- Review annual 401K Plan Census data together HR and validate information from all locations. Ensure consistent application of ADP codes and identify reasons for discrepancies.
- Assess 401K procedures for each location and identify material control issues.
- Follow up with location controllers to address and clarify any issues arising from the Plan review process.
- Process weekly deferral funding and follow up with location controllers on any discrepancies.
- Prepare/Analyze Account Payable metrics by establishing and managing an AP Scorecard
- Other projects and analysis as assigned
- 5 years of relevant experience
- 401k or Retirement planning knowledge a must
- Experience with Lawson a plus
- Bi-lingual in Spanish is a plus
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com