Our client is a firm that offers a variety of financial management services to the leading nonprofit organizations in the New York City marketplace and they are seeking a Financial Analyst to join their team!
The position entails meticulous accountancy of our clients’ contracted budgets in the following areas: vouchering, variance analysis, reporting, budget modification, accounts receivable, general ledger reconciliation and audit preparation.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Confirm and maintain receivable activities for assigned clients to ensure ontime collection of receivables.
- Confirm receipt of all monthly and/or quarterly vouchers submitted to funder(s).
- Perform weekly a review of funder account receivables
- Follow up with funder(s) on outstanding payments
- Perform weekly a review of cash flow for accurate accountancy
- Ensure timely submission of accurate client contract information to funder(s) for all vouchers, budgets and related filing reports.
- Monthly, maintain and confirm a client review of accurate payroll grid information and payroll allocations for all vouchers and budgets.
- Monitor the client’s contract(s) spending to maximize client reimbursement and general ledger accuracy
- Escalate all issues affecting a client voucher and/or issues with a funder- as needed to both Controller and Client Manager in order to proactively manage and resolve the issue for the client.
- Attend various team meetings and/or conference calls daily and weekly
- Attend and participate in various funder, contract and audit trainings
- Perform other related tasks or assignments as needed.
To be successful in this job an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required.
- Time Management Skills: Proficient and effective time management of competing priorities.
- Quality Control Skills: Accuracy and thoroughness with a meticulous eye for financial detail.
- Communication: Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Problem Solving: Strong problem-solving, analytical and organizational abilities. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information adroitly
- Technology Skills: MS Office suite; Proficient use and knowledge with MS Excel are a must. Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Great Plains), or other accounting and reporting software required. Microsoft FRx or Management Reporter is a plus.
- Experience: 1-3 plus years of financial budget analysis for government contract or government funds management or related experience. Not-for-profit, foundation or government experience required or equivalent experience.
- Education: BS/BA in accounting, finance or a related field.
To apply to please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com