Our client owns and manages a wide variety of multi-family properties in the midwest, with their central office located in Englewood, New Jersey. They are adding to their growing accounting group a Senior Property Accountant.
In this department, the Senior Property Accountant is assigned multiple properties and is responsible for the monthly entries, variance analysis, CAM recs, and more. Their accounting group is fast-paced, extremely bright, and have experience with market and luxury multi-family buildings with various tax credits and in-house rehab construction projects.
- Responsible for maintenance and reconciliation of all general ledger activity for properties in the assigned portfolio. Demonstrate strong knowledge of GAAP.
- Prepare monthly accrual based work paper packages, including variance explanations.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports for outside organizations such as lenders, banks and investors.
- Assist in cash management, analysis of cash requirements, monitoring of daily cash positions.
- Reconcile g/l accounts in conjunction with new accounting software implementation.
- Work on multiple monthly bank reconciliations.
- Review accounts payable and accounts receivable reports. Post accounts payable.
- Prepare and maintain year-end work papers for annual audits.
- Support on site personnel in various aspects of financial analysis. Assist in training of new and existing junior staff and interns.
- Analyze activity in capital expenditure accounts. Record assets and depreciation in fixed asset database.
- Complete ad hoc financial projects as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience (property accounting experience preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency in Excel required, Salesforce software experience a plus.
- Experience in new accounting software implementation a plus.
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize multiple high priority projects.
- Strong work ethic focused on meeting deadlines.
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com