Our client is a leading food distribution company seeking an Accounting Manager who would be a strategic partner to the CFO and Controller as well as a mentor to the Accounting Staff. The firm boasts a team-oriented culture and provides its employees with the tools and training necessary to perform. Befits include: free gym on site, complimentary personal training sessions, zero out of pocket expense health insurance coverage, and discounted groceries!
As an Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Accounting department including general ledger via Sage, financial reporting, process cost accounting, inventory control, accounts payable and receivable, and regulatory filings.
Specific duties in this financial management role include:
- Achieving accounting operational objectives preparing and completing action plans, resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements and implementing changes
- Ensuring an accurate and timely monthly and year-end close along with the timely reporting of all monthly financial information
- consolidation, and evaluation of financial data as well as preparing special reports
- Supervise and direct AP, AR and general accounting functions
- Confirming financial status monitoring revenue and expenses, coordinating the collection,
- Working with direct reports to establish performance goals and objectives for each year as well as monitoring and advising on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
- Maintaining financial security by establishing internal controls
They are looking for an Accounting Manager who combines a solid background in accounting and strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. You should be detail-oriented and have sound judgment and strong reasoning skills, as well as good analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Specific requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree of Accounting or a related field, or equivalent business experience, CPA preferred
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in accounting and finance; hands-on accounting managerial experience preferred
- Solid understanding of accounting processes and procedures
- Ability to lead, train and develop staff
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, with advanced working knowledge of Excel
- Working knowlede of Sage is preffered
- Ability to work efficiently independently as well as part of a team
- Public accounting experience, a plus
To apply, submit your resume to Johanna Rodriguez – JRodriguez@CFStaffing.com