Our client is a prestigious international law firm located in New York City. They are currently looking for a Financial Manager for their accounting department.
Summary of Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate daily workflow of Financial Services Department including responsibility for all aspects of daily accounting (cash receipts; check disbursements; time and expense reporting; billing; accounts receivable and accounts payable); handle Firm escrow accounts; monitor cash flow; prepare and monitor department budgets and expenditures; ensure vendors provide cost-effective goods and services; prepare bank reconciliations, fixed asset schedules, petty cash reconciliations, sales tax returns and commercial rent tax returns; respond to inquiries from attorneys/staff and ensure adherence to Firm policy; assist other managers with annual budget preparations; complete year-end account analysis and audit information; oversee departmental personnel; monitor attendance and performance issues; evaluate assigned staff and conduct annual performance reviews; monitor department productivity; implement procedures to optimize effectiveness.
- Four year college degree (accounting/finance preferred)
- Minimum of five years experience in law firm accounting
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience
- Thorough knowledge of Elite and Excel
- Strong leadership skills and willingness to function as a role model
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities
- Ability to perform mathematical functions – add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate percentages
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@CFStaffing.com