Our client is a Non Profit organization based out of Fort Greene, Brooklyn. They are looking for a Compliance Officer to join their team reporting into the CEO. They are looking for someone with 5+ years with relevant experience in healthcare or nonprofit as well as regulatory issues and New York Medicaid program requirements.
- Overseeing and monitoring the implementation of the compliance program.
- Developing and implementing compliance policies and procedures (P&P).
- Updating, periodically, the Compliance Plan as changes occur within Agency, and/or in the law and regulations or governmental and third party payers.
- Reporting on a regular basis to the governing body, Executive Director and Compliance Committee on the progress of implementation, and assisting these components in establishing methods to improve the organization’s quality of service and to reduce vulnerability to fraud, abuse and waste.
- Developing, coordinating and participating in a multifaceted educational and training program that focuses on the elements of the compliance program and seeks to ensure that all appropriate employees, contractors and management are knowledgeable of, and comply with, pertinent federal and state standards.
- Ensuring that excluded individuals and entities are not employed or retained by the organization.
- Directing Agency internal audits established to monitor effectiveness of compliance standards.
- Independently investigating and acting on matters related to compliance, including the flexibility to design and coordinate internal investigations (e.g. responding to reports of problems or suspected violations) and any resulting corrective action with all departments, providers, and sub-providers, agents and, if appropriate, independent contractors.
- Coordinating internal investigations and implementing corrective action.
- Developing policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspected fraud and other improprieties without fear of retaliation.
- Maintaining a reporting system (hotline) and responding to concerns, complaints and questions related to the Compliance Plan.
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in healthcare or related field; experience working with individuals with disabilities preferred.
- Experience with regulatory issues, New York Medicaid program requirements, and regulatory requirements of health care corporate compliance.
- Computer proficiency required
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff on all levels
- Demonstrated competence in verbal, written, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized.
- Supervise office staff and provide staff training
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@CFStaffing.com