Our client is a non profit firm and they are seeking a Controller to join their team. This role will be reporting into the CFO and will have high exposure to the CEO and Board Members. They are located in the South Bronx with easy access to subway lines.
They will consider a candidate with a CPA who is looking to bring their career to the next level so if you are currently an Assistant Controller, Accounting Manager or Senior Accountant who has direct reports than this role is for you!
They are strictly 9-5 with a great work/life balance. They will have tremendous opportunity for advancement in this role.
Key Duties Include:
- Managing the financial affairs and safeguarding the assets of the agency;
- Responsible for the day-to-day accounting and finance functions;
- Management reporting, financial analysis (including budgeting, forecasting, and projections), general ledger, account reconciliations, AP, AR, annual external audit, payroll and cash management and procurement;
- Managing and directing the work of the finance team members.
- Comprehensive knowledge of non-profit accounting standards and issues as well as an understanding of nonprofit tax issues;
- A service mentality to non-finance departments and good communication and organizational skills;
- Strong leadership, technology, and analytical skills;
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with Executive Management, Board of Directors and outside contacts;
- Ability to direct the agency’s administrative, purchasing and office management functions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required. CPA and/or MBA are strongly preferred. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and extensive accounting software experience.
Experience: Five to seven years total experience which must include public accounting experience handling nonprofit clients or a mix or public accounting and nonprofit organization experience. Experience supervising an accounting team is required. Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills.
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@CFStaffing.com