Our client is a highly regarded, international and domestic trading firm in Midtown, New York and they are looking for an Accounting Manager to join their firm.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsible as a team member in the preparation of financial statements including Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flows and Footnotes and coordinates the external audit (quarterly clearances and annual audit). Responsible for financial closing of the one of the divisions in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS. Reviews and enforces business-specific internal financial controls, accounting policies and procedures.
1. Annual External Financial Statement preparation:
a. Assists in the preparation of and for reviewing the integrity of the company’s external financial statements.
b. Review and analyze the consolidated Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, Statement of Stockholders Equity and Footnotes are accurate and complete.
c. Responsible for leading the corporate mapping and reconciliation of the subsidiary financial statement process and ensure that the classifications are appropriate.
2. Assist and manage the external quarterly clearance and the annual audit processes: Prepare necessary supporting work papers, schedules and documents.
3. Be a member of the IFRS conversion team. Prepare monthly IFRS based HFM financial statements including balance sheet and income statement.
4. Assist in updating the accounting policies and procedures manual: Researches new accounting pronouncements and analyzes its impact to the company. Updates and maintains our accounting policies and procedures manuals.
- Candidate should have 7-10 years of relevant experience (including at least 3 years of public experience) and a professional accounting certification (CPA) is required.
- Individual should possess strong interpersonal and analytical skills and an advanced knowledge of accounting is required.
Please submit your resume to JRodriguez@CFStaffing.com