Our client is a fast growing leading energy supplier and they are currently looking for a Staff Accountant to join their firm.
This position is responsible for assisting in accurate tracking of receivables to prepare supporting documents required for monthly journal entries as well as preparation of bank reconciliations, commission reconciliation and other tasks in support of the Accounting Department. The right candidate will have the opportunity to gain industry knowledge and grow within the company.
Create financial reports, including posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices.
- Support the Accounting team in carrying out the responsibilities of the Finance/Accounting Department
- Assist in tracking projects to ensure all costs are properly captured and categorized on the balance sheet
- Prepare monthly reconciliations of all accounts, banks, credit cards, and loan balance
- Prepare sales tax returns for multiple states
- Manage A/R and A/P
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt agreements
- Issue invoices to vendors and customers
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Maintain the annual budget
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Process of payroll and payroll tax returns
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system on the accrual basis of accounting
- Prepare general ledger and account analysis
- Close the books on a monthly basis to produce monthly balance sheets and P&L statements
- Background in general accounting
- Working knowledge of tax accounting preferred
- Proficiency with QuickBooks and ADP is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Keen attention to details
- Must be able to work independently as well as with a team
- Must be able to multi-task efficiently and accurately
- Background in tax accounting is preferred
- High level of integrity and confidentiality
Candidates must be growth oriented, possess a professional positive attitude with excellent work ethic and have high level of integrity.
If interested please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com