Our client is a leading non-profit organization and provides an outstanding, team and goal oriented work environment! They are looking to hire an Operating Budget Manager to have overall oversight of developing methodology, procedures and guidelines for the preparation of the operating budget based on organizational strategic goals, revenue estimates, expense projections and other related drivers. This position would directly support VP of Finance.
Duties & Responsibilities of Operating Budget Manager:
- Formulates current and projected revenue budgets and forecasts of cash requirements.
- Works with NYC OMB, Office of Management and Budget, to ensure the costs for contractual wage, benefit and pension contribution expenses are adequately funded.
- Assists department heads and budget managers in the preparation of department operating budgets, conducts budget workshops and training sessions. Consults with department heads to ensure budgets are developed that support program requirements and organizational strategic goals and fixed-expenses. Conducts quarterly budget reviews with budget managers and grant managers.
- Designs and implements budgetary control systems. Reviews actual against budgeted performance and prepares reports explaining budget variances – makes appropriate recommendations.
- Performs monthly review of operating budget to analyze trends, determine root causes and make recommendations for management decisions and corrective actions.
- Reviews all private/public grant request proposals and budgets. Monitors grant spending to ensure timely spending and adherence to grant guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 5+ in a senior-level position in Finance or Strategic Planning
- Superior financial reporting and analysis skills; with ability to do scenario planning, root cause analysis and other techniques for understanding drivers of financial measures.
- Working knowledge of financial management software packages (Lawson system a plus).
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com