Our client is a top-tier name brand food distributor and they are looking for a Cost / Inventory Accountant to join their finance team. They are located in Jersey City, New Jersey.
They are seeking a highly motivated individual who will be responsible for guiding and directing all activities of cost accounting and reporting. Candidate will also perform general accounting functions such as preparing and entering journal entries, reconciling and analyzing various general ledger accounts and other financial statement analyses as well as assisting external auditors during annual audit.
- Preparing and reviewing cost reports and production analysis;
- Developing and maintaining labor and overhead standards;
- Reviewing and investigating cost changes;
- Assisting with the investigation of monthly production variances and providing analytical insight to recurring trends;
- Reviewing and reconciling stock status and inventory including various outside locations;
- Reviewing inventory adjustments, ensuring proper valuation and costing of inventory;
- Reviewing and reconciling inventory receipt accruals;
- Analysis and implementation of cost accounting methods and procedures;
- Identify opportunities for process and cost improvements;
- Prepare ad-hoc profitability analysis
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Lawson is a plus, Advanced Excel Skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com