Our client is an accounting/finance consulting firm and they are looking to add a Junior Staff Accountant to join their team in New York. They are looking for someone who has some real estate/property management industry experience.
As a learning member of the accounting team the junior accountant will be responsible for processing, preparing and maintaining the principal accounting functions for the firm.
Specific duties are but not limited to:
- Keep record of, verify, allocate and post details of business transactions in a QuickBooks environment.
- Receive, review and process accounts payable-via cash EFT or ACH. (including mail or email invoices)
- Maintain schedule, prepare invoicing, process and reconcile accounts receivable.
- Process and track independent contractor invoices, lease and payment schedules.
- Banking: deposits; perform monthly bank reconciliations; and present corresponding adjusting journal entries to team controller/accountant for review and approval.
- Learn and prepare monthly closes; maintain G/L and record appropriate journal entries.
- Prepare/update weekly and monthly cash flow projection for review by professional staff.
- Credit card processing & reconciliation
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system and company records system.
- Enter payroll journal entries and maintain proprietary payroll grids.
- Assist in the maintenance of supporting documentation for selected balance sheet accounts (e.g., current and long-term assets, long-term liabilities)
- Prepare various monthly journal entries for selected accounts.
- Prepare supporting schedules for financial and regulatory audits, as required.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with a variety of diverse client and internal personnel.
- Perform special project assignments for client team.
- Bachelor’s in Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 plus years of relevant work experience in general accounting
- Excellent command of generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls. Ability to quickly understand and learn client organizational and account structures and perform general ledger transactions.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness, ambitious and self-motivated to learn.
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com