Our Client is a Venture Capital backed B2B technology company which has experienced significant growth. They are looking for an extremely driven CPA who has a public and private mix background to contribute to the growth by leading all aspects of the company’s month end close process and managing the accounting team! The Assistant Controller will work cross-departmentally to build-out and improve key financial processes. This leader will be a true partner to the organization always approaching work with a lens of adding value to the company. Are you up for the challenge?
Responsibilities of Assistant Controller:
- Lead all aspects of the month end close, including: AP and cash disbursements, accruals, prepaid, fixed assets, cash management and bank reconciliations, payroll processing, sales commissions, etc.
- Develop relationships with the management team in order to effectively execute on departmental budgeting, compensation plans, and other key company-wide initiatives
- Effectively manage audit, tax, and valuation process with third party firms
- Work with the Corporate Controller to evaluate, recommend and implement new financial accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Develop a high performing accounting team, ensuring redundancy in training across key processes
- Build efficiencies into all aspects of the group’s operations including systems and process
- Shorten monthly close process and ensure company is in position to operate as a public company
- Assist FP&A team with accounting-related budget items during annual budget and periodic forecasting cycles.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field, CPA a plus
- 8+ years of progressive accounting and finance experience, minimum of 1 year must be as an Assistant Controller, or similar position in a high-growth technology company
- Comprehensive knowledge of US GAAP, with SaaS experience preferred
To apply or for more information please feel free to submit your resume to Johanna Rodriguez , JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com