Our client is an international non-profit organization and they are seeking a Junior Accountant to join their firm. As a member of the non-profit’s finance team the Junior Accountant performs financial, accounting, and administrative functions to enable the Finance department to operate efficiently and effectively. This role will be reporting into the Controller and working closely with the senior accountant.
- Ensure all contributions such as cash, credit cards, checks and web gifts are journalized and entered properly into MIP software.
- Reconcile all contributions that have recorded into MIP with development on a weekly basis
- Identify origin of incoming wire transfers and create journal entries for them
- Review and code bank deposits for entry into the general ledger
- Reconcile bank accounts including; accounts payable account, payroll account and investment account
- Maintain Accounts Receivable schedule
- Prepare Inter-billing invoices using supporting MIP financial reports
- Maintaining schedule and other supporting documentation relative to Gift In Kind (GIK). Ensure that all GIK is recorded on a monthly basis
- Recording all inventory transactions on a monthly basis
- Prepare journal entries to record activities. Emphasis on ascertaining the existence of proper documentation and approvals, clerical accuracy and proper general ledger account coding.
- Assist in monthly general ledger closing and annual audit.
- As appropriate, works as a member of the interdepartmental team to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the organization.
- Other duties as assigned, dependent or organizational needs and employee skills.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3 years accounting experience, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with general accounting and internal controls
- Previous experience using a fund accounting system, preferably Abila MIP Accounting Software
Skills & Abilities
- Effective interpersonal and (verbal & written) communication skills; the ability to successfully interact with colleagues on different professional levels and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen attention to detail; ability to effectively multi-task and manage detail-oriented responsibilities with the appropriate sense of urgency.
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@CFStaffing.com