Our client, a leading consumer goods firm, is looking for an Accounts Receivable Associate to support the Controller. The role is located in East Rutherford, New Jersey.
The individual who is most likely to succeed in this role is someone who takes initiative, thinks outside of the box, and is looking to grow their career within accounting. Controller is very motivating and would like for someone to grow to become a right hand person within the department.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE ASSOCIATE:
- Daily invoice functions includes: checking and updating invoice batches (and checking freight and tracking info), managing and preparing EDI invoices, printing invoices, and mailing of all invoices to accounts
- Daily cash receipts including: handling credit card transactions, wire payments, preparing deposit slips (as needed), scanning check copies where needed. Once done, posting of all cash receipts – apply payments to accounts and update system. Once complete, file all payments with appropriate receipt batch.
- Mas90 updates and account credit info — maintaining accurate information in Mas90 as it relates to accounts on credit hold, CC info, and other A/R information as needed. Certain customers to receive special attention for payments/CC charges.
- Customer Service assistance (A/R related) – handling all customer requests for invoice/credit copies, credit status, payment breakdowns, address changes, etc.
- Statements – monthly run and mailing for all accounts.
- Prepare and send appropriate management reports (as directed) on a daily/weekly/monthly basis. To include aged invoice reports, past due reports, etc.
- Collections: Calling (or email where applicable) all accounts and working with collection agency for accounts put into collections.
- Credit Memos – weekly updating and printing of all credits issued to customers.
– 3-5 years within similar roles
– Credit and Collections skills
– AR knowledge
– Proficiency in MAS90 and MS Excel
To apply, submit resume to JRodriguez@CFStaffing.com