Our client is a top Non Profit firm in the Upper East Side, NY concentrating on healthcare services. They have a current need for a Government Grants and Contract Specialist. What is exciting and unique about this role is there is a lot of visibility with the senior staff which helps any employee look to move their career to the next level. This role will also require supervision of junior staff which means that they are looking for someone who has had some supervisory experience in the past.
They are also looking for a highly motivated, hands on and roll up their sleeves personality. The firm is adamant about moving great employees up in their company.
Summary of role:
The Government Grants and Contracts Specialist is responsible for publicly funded contracts for the Agency in accordance with grantor mandates. This role oversees all Contract Analysts and is responsible for the functions of contract compliance, budget revisions, renewals and/or amendments of existing contracts, negotiations of new government contracts, billing on and collection of public contracts. The position coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the fiscal and program operations personally and in collaboration with program staff. They are also the primary liaison between the Agency and its public grantors.
- Maintains current knowledge of local, state and federal policies and procedures governing public grants/contracts.
- Manage all Contracts staff and provide direction and guidance in contract management.
- Meet regularly with staff for Supervision.
- Provide the VP of Finance with all pertinent monthly reports, including voucher status, contract status, receivable reports among others.
- Oversees and manage all aspects of grant and donor financial reporting, analysis, including the development of internal reports to track expenditures and cost collections. .
- Prepare annual financial reports and assist in the development of donor budgets through the use of Great Plains reporting.
- Review Current and pending grant donor agreements/budgets for both internal and external compliance.
- Identify spending trends and any irregularities in current budgets and future budgets.
- Provide regular staff training in budgeting and contracts management for internal and program staff.
- Provide assistance to the financial closeout process.
- Acts as the primary point of contact with government grantors.
- Coordinates all aspects of contracts including start up, billing renewals, amendments, modifications, resolution of disallowed costs, process re submission and closeouts.
- Develop a methodology for ascertaining start-up costs associated with new publicly funded programs
- Work closely with the Chief Financial Officer, Division Vice President/Program, Directors, the Controller and other appropriate management and staff to integrate the Agency’s operating budget and restricted funding and coordinate the contracts management functions with the appropriate fiscal and programmatic operations of the Agency.
- Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or a related degree.
- At least 5 – 7 years of experience in supervising government grantor functions, knowledge of grants billing required.
- Familiarity with billing on NYS OTDA, OCFS, CVB, AI and DCJS contracts; and HUD and DOH contracts preferred.
- Great Plains, FUND EZ is a plus
- Knowledge of accounting functions and operations, familiarity with GAAP.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with keen attention to details.
- Ability to mane multiple tasks and projects under the pressure of deadlines, highest regard for confidentiality and high ethical standards required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse and dynamic team.
To apply please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com
If you also know of someone who would be a good fit please feel free to refer them over to us. If they are placed with our firm you will receive a referral bonus.