Our client is a mortgage lender and they are looking for a Quality Control Manager. This position will be sitting under the Compliance department. They are located in Westchester County, New York.
The position requires expert mortgage underwriting and credit knowledge, quality control expertise, exceptional management skills, consistently outstanding client service, and proven problem solving and decision making skills. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to manage time sensitive projects without fail and enjoy a high level of interaction with internal parties (operations, secondary marketing, and sales) and external parties (3rd party service providers, GSEs).
- Coordinate selection process for external monthly Post Purchase and Servicing QC Reviews to ensure the secure and timely delivery of selected loans.
- Review and analyze external monthly Post Purchase and Servicing QC Review reports for high risk trends and credit issues and recommend policy changes and/or training to offset accordingly.
- Prepare monthly Post Purchase and Servicing QC Reports for Senior Management, including any recommended changes.
- Maintain QC database and provide related ad hoc reports and analysis as needed.
- Maintain all policies and procedures pertaining to Post Purchase and Servicing quality control.
- Manage 3rd party quality control firm(s) to ensure quality loan reviews, acceptable service level standards, and monitor and manage costs.
- Evaluate and advise on 3rd party services to manage loan risk and enhance productivity, including appraisal products, fraud detection, verification services, and credit evaluation tools.
- Minimum 10 years of underwriting and quality control experience, with 5 years in a management role
- Expert underwriting knowledge and extensive experience with all mortgage products
- Solid understanding of Fannie/Freddie protocols for loan and servicing quality control
- Technologically savvy, with the ability to work in varied systems. Proficiency with loan origination systems, automated underwriting engines, electronic document management and other systems.
- High attention to detail and effective problem solving skills
- Excellent client service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Analytical thinking ability, diplomacy and professionalism
- Bachelors Degree
If you are interested in learning more about this role or to be considered please submit your resume to JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com