Staff Accountant for Prestigious Private School / Nonprofit
Our client is a private school located in the Upper East Side of New York City and they are seeking a Staff Accountant to join their department. This role will have direct exposure to the CFO, Director of Budgeting and Controller.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
- General Ledger Account Reconciliations, posting journal entries, assisting with preparation of month end close and annual audits
- Fixed Assets accounting; perform monthly analysis of gifts received and prepare appropriate reports necessary for financial statement preparation
- Manage monthly payroll process, update employee records changes with HR, ensure that scheduled deductions other transactions are appropriately handled. Provide oversight to bi-weekly payroll.
- Assist with preparation of reports and analysis for annual filing of forms 990, 990-T & CT-13.
- Additional Ad Hoc responsibilities
Qualifications of the Staff Accountant should include:
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Experience working at a nonprofit organization
- Financial Edge Blauckbaud experience is a plus or another similar accounting system
- Strong Excel Skills
- Ability to work on your own, meticulous and very timely
Benefits of working as a Staff Accountant for this firm:
- Competitive salary, medical, dental and vision coverage
- Generous time off, free lunch, Summer Fridays
- Generous retirement plan
If you or someone you know may be interested in this opportunity please feel free to email me at:
Johanna Rodriguez – JRodriguez@cfstaffing.com